Chicken Med with Whole Wheat Couscous
4t. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1lb. BS chicken cut up into one inch pieces (Boneless and skinless)
1/2t. freshly ground pepper
2 garlic gloves minced or run through a garlic press
1 bunch Swiss chard tough ribs cut out
1 head broccoli cut into small florets
1T. Sherry vinegar1 14.5oz can Artichoke hearts (I get mine at Trader Joe, they are much cheaper and of a higher quality)
1/2c Kalamata olives
1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half8oz fat free feta cut in 1/2 in. cubes
4 servings of whole wheat couscous made according to the instructions on the back. I nuke mine.
1. In a 12in. non-stick skillet, heat 2t. extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear chicken on one side for 4 minutes. You want the chicken to brown on the first side. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
2. Heat remaining oil until shimmering. Sauté garlic and cook for 1 minute. DO NOT BURN! Add Swiss chard and broccoli. Cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 4 more minutes or until the tomatoes start to break down. Add vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add artichoke hearts, olives, and chicken and cook until heated through. Add feta and stir to combine.
5. Serve over whole wheat couscous.
One serving is 1/2c of couscous with 1c of chicken sauté.